Participants should read carefully the following rules and regulations. By submitting a registration, a participant confirms and agrees to abide by all the rules, terms and conditions of “HSUHK FunD Run” (“the Event”) laid down by The Hang Seng University of Hong Kong (“the Organiser”).
- Participants should register only to their respective age group (in accordance with the year of birth).
- In order to confirm registration, all registration forms and minimum donations should be submitted.
- Once a registration is accepted, all submitted donations are non-refundable and non-transferable under any circumstances. (Please also refer to Arrangements Under Special Circumstances below)
- Repeated registrations will be counted as a single entry. The additional donation is non-refundable and cannot be transferred to another participant or another race category. No submitted information will be returned.
- All participants will receive confirmation by email within 5 working days upon successful registration. If no confirmation email is received, please contact Event Registration Office by email: firstname.lastname@example.org or by phone: 2117 1650 for enquiries.
- Late or on-site registration will not be accepted.
- Incomplete registration will not be accepted.
- Participants should ensure that all personal data provided is accurate. Any false declaration or impersonation on the part of a participant will lead to his or her disqualification. The Organiser reserves the right to take legal action against relevant parties.
- The Organiser reserves the right to accept, restrict and reject any registration.
- Once all places for the Event have been filled, the Organiser may terminate registration without further notice.
- Successfully registered participants will receive a race pack collection email. If no such email is received two weeks prior to the Event, please contact the Event Registration Office by phone at 2117 1650.
- Each Participant will be notified to collect a race pack (including a race bib attached with a timing chip and an Event T-shirt) two weeks prior to the Event. Participants or their authorised representative must bring along the printed race pack notification email or display the email on any electronic device to collect the pack on the date and at the location designated in the email (the representative will be required to present an authorisation letter).
- No race bib (attached with a timing chip) will be issued or redistributed on the day of the Event. The race bib (attached with a timing chip) and the race number are not transferable. Any participant who violates the rule will be disqualified.
- Participants should check carefully whether the race pack includes a race bib with an attached timing chip when collecting the pack.
Health and Safety Advice
- Participants should make sure they are physically fit for the Event, and are fully aware that the Event requires physical exertion, and understand the risks involved in taking part in the Event. It is the sole responsibility of a participant to ensure that he/she is physically fit to participate in and complete the Event without any medical or other assistance. All participants are at their own risks and are responsible for their own safety. The Organiser suggests all participants should monitor their own physical conditions or seek medical advice to ensure they are fit and capable of participating in the Event. The race officials or medical staff of the Organiser have the right to stop any participant in the Event in consideration of his or her physical condition. Such a decision is not to be contested by the participant concerned.
- If a participant feels unwell prior to the Event, he or she should seek medical advice and decide whether they should attend the Event.
- If a participant feels unwell during the Event, he or she should immediately stop and seek assistance from the race officials nearby.
- People who are pregnant or with chronic diseases, such as heart disease or high blood pressure, are not recommended to participate in the Event. The Organiser reserves the right to disqualify any person who is known or suspected to be physically unfit to participate in the Event.
- Participants are advised to bring their own sunscreen, wear a cap and drink sufficient water. The use of an umbrella during the Event is however prohibited.
- While the Organiser has purchased “Public Liability Insurance” and “Group Personal Accident Insurance” for the Event, participants may purchase accident/casualty insurance and property insurance on their own as necessary.
- By submitting his/her registration to take part in the Event, and subsequently taking part in the Event, a participant: (a) warrants and confirms to the Organiser that he/she is physically fit to participate in and complete the Event; and (b) agrees to indemnify the Organiser and hold the Organiser indemnified and harmless for i) any injury or death suffered by the participant himself/herself or any other persons; and ii) any damage to property as a result of him/her not being physically fit to participate in and complete the Event.
- Dangerous goods (i.e. offensive weapons, flammable, explosive agents or materials/objects which obstruct other participants, etc.) are strictly prohibited. Those who violate this rule will be asked to leave the racecourse immediately and such cases might be reported to the Law Enforcement Agency.
Arrangements on the Day of the Event
- Participants should arrive at the Event’s venue 1 hour earlier before respective start time. The Organiser reserves the right to alter arrangements and/or schedule of the Event if necessary.
- Water stations and baggage storage counters are available. For eco-friendly purpose, participants are encouraged to bring their own cups or bottles for water.
- Participants should allow sufficient time to reach the start point and arrange baggage storage at designated counters before the Event.
- The Organiser will provide baggage bags and tags. Participants should attach the provided tag to their personal belongings to be stored for identification.
- Participants are required to collect their stored baggage at The Hang Seng University of Hong Kong in person. Baggage will be arriving designated collection counters around 45 minutes after the Event starts.
- Participants are required to display the race bib properly on their chests to ensure it is visible at all times during the Event. They may risk being disqualified if they fail to do so.
- Participants should put on the timing chip before the Event starts, otherwise their race result will not be certified, nor will they be entitled to any race record, ranking or prize.
- Chips and race bibs are non-transferable. If substitute runners are found, offenders will be disqualified.
- Race results will be determined using the official time.
- To ensure the racecourse can be cleared at the end of the Event for a scheduled reopening, cut off points will be set up at designated locations along the racecourse. Participants who fail to reach these cut off points at specific times will be disqualified and asked to follow the race officials’ instructions to get to The Hang Seng University of Hong Kong.
- Participants should strictly follow the Organiser’s instructions and arrangements to compete in the races within the designated racecourse area. Offenders will be disqualified.
- Appeal is only acceptable within 15 minutes after result announcement. No appeal will be entertained afterwards.
- Should there be any disputes, the race officials’ decision is final and conclusive.
Arrangements Under Special Circumstances
- The Organiser reserves the right to cancel the Event, change its racecourse or stop the Event for the following reasons:
a/ Adverse weather conditions;
b/ Blockage along the racecourse;
c/ Suspension of public transport services;
d/ Force majeure that includes and is not limited to the Organiser being unable to hold the Event due to fire, flood, or act of God; or due to protest, march, assembly, occupation, commotion, war, sabotage, epidemic, terrorist attack or the likelihood of such event or act.
- If Typhoon Signal No. 8 or above is issued at any time from 12:00 noon on the day before the Event, the Event will be cancelled. No submitted donations will be refunded.
- If Black or Red Rainstorm Signal is issued at any time from 5:00 a.m. on the day of the Event, the Event will be cancelled. No submitted donations will be refunded.
- If Thunderstorm Warning is issued at any time on the day of the Event, the Event will be held as scheduled unless otherwise notified.
- Please check on this website (https://fundrun.hsu.edu.hk/) at 5:00 a.m. on the day of the Event for the latest update on the Event.
- If the weather conditions are unstable before the Event, participants are also advised to contact the Hong Kong Observatory (telephone number: 1878200) or browse its website to check the weather conditions on the morning of the Event.
- If the Event will be rescheduled, the rescheduled date will be announced later. No submitted donations will be refunded.
- If the Organiser decides to cancel the event due to ongoing uncertain social factors, participants may consider to donate all submitted donations to support The Hang Seng University of Hong Kong; or apply for a refund of all submitted donations.
- In regard to any ad hoc changes or cancellation of the Event, only announcements by the Organiser posted on this website (https://fundrun.hsu.edu.hk/) shall be deemed official.
- Baggage storage will be provided by the Organiser for all participants. Please do NOT put any valuable items in the storage facility. The Organiser is not responsible for and will not compensate for any loss of or damage to the baggage stored. Participants who use this storage service are automatically bound by this clause.
- Should they encounter any emergency or require assistance from the Organiser during the Event, participants should contact the race officials at the Information Centre.
- For safety reasons, use of wheelchairs and baby strollers are strictly prohibited on racecourse.
- For safety reasons, participants are advised not to stop and take photos or videos near the area of the Start point, racecourse and Finish point.
- No prizes or gifts for the Event are redeemable for cash.
- After registration, participants agree that the Organiser and third party service providers engaged by the Organiser may use their name(s), address(es), photograph(s), audio and/or visual recording(s), biodata and likeness(es) in all preparations and promotions in connection with the Event for any lawful purpose in perpetuity as the Organiser may in their sole and absolute discretion decide, and agree to waive any right of inspection or approval associated therewith.
The above rules, terms and conditions are written in both English and Chinese. If there is any conflict in meaning, the English version shall prevail. The Organiser reserves the right to amend any of the above rules or information without prior notice and the right to interpret any of the rules, terms and conditions above. In case of any disputes, the decision of the Organiser shall be final.